Interested in becoming more involved in your community?
Need volunteer hours for credit towards your graduation?
Wish that there was something you could do to help a child in need?
Have you ever thought about becoming a volunteer?
In addition to our permanent staff, help is always needed to provide the best programming possible for those we serve. Without dependable, hard-working, and caring volunteers we could not offer the hundreds of events and activities each year serving thousands.�
The Arc offers unique volunteering opportunities for citizens like you to join in the challenge to support the activities for persons of all ages who have some form of a developmental disability. Here are just some of the ways you can be involved.
- Chaperone evening & weekend activities: dances, mini tours, horseback riding, and sporting events
- Assist at YESS, a 9-week summer program for students 5-21
- Assist at Camp Pride, a week-long summer residential camp for adults
- Provide snacks and cookies during the year
Groups and Organizations
- Provide volunteers or sponsor one of 700 yearly activities and events
- Invite The Pride Performers to perform and share their stories with your group
Hold fundraisers: ie. Jean Day or events like the -
- Starbird-Devlin Rod & Customs Car Show – A spectacular event! Proceeds benefit The Arc and 2 other charities.
- Lights on St. Paul - Drive through our amazing light display. Volunteers are needed Oct through Nov to set up and nightly during the 34 day event.
- Celebrity and Community Auction- Assist with collecting items & running the event
- Lights on St. Paul – Drive thru Holiday light display: weekends and evenings
- Thankful Feast – Serving a Thanksgiving meal to group home clients
- Spookville – Neighborhood Trick or Treat Carnival event
- Inclusion Day Activities- Assist in getting sponsors and working the events