Interested in becoming more involved in your community?
Need volunteer hours for credit towards your graduation?
Wish that there was something you could do to help a child in need?
Have you ever thought about becoming a volunteer?
In addition to our permanent staff, help is always needed to provide the best programming possible for those we serve. Without dependable, hard-working, and caring volunteers we could not offer the hundreds of events and activities each year serving thousands.�
The Arc offers unique volunteering opportunities for citizens like you to join in the challenge to support the activities for persons of all ages who have some form of a developmental disability. Here are just some of the ways you can be involved.
- Chaperone evening & weekend activities: dances, mini tours, horseback riding, and sporting events
- Assist at Y.E.S.S., a 9-week summer program for students 5-21
- Assist at Camp Pride, a week-long summer residential camp for adults
- Provide snacks and cookies during the year
Groups and Organizations
- Provide volunteers or sponsor one of 700 yearly activities and events
- Invite The Pride Performers to perform and share their stories with your group
Hold fundraisers: ie. Jean Day or events like the -
- Starbird-Devlin Rod & Customs Car Show – A spectacular event! Proceeds benefit The Arc and 2 other charities.
- Lights on St. Paul - Drive through our amazing light display. Volunteers are needed Oct through Nov to set up and nightly during the 34 day event.
- Celebrity and Community Auction- Assist with collecting items & running the event
- Lights on St. Paul – Drive thru Holiday light display: weekends and evenings
- Thankful Feast – Serving a Thanksgiving meal to group home clients
- Spookville – Neighborhood Trick or Treat Carnival event
- Inclusion Day Activities- Assist in getting sponsors and working the events
8 Responses to “Volunteer”
- #DearGov we met w/ the 3 MCO's they cannot explain why transportation is denied, hours are cut or added value services not paid #KanCareDD 21 hours ago
- Thank you Rep. Rubin! Hearing your concerns Rep John Rubin has stepped up to at least extend the delay another... fb.me/2L7JvEOEe 1 day ago
- #DearGov Our families are losing trust and feeling bullied. fb.me/2SUKTCf9e 1 day ago
- #DearGov it is obvious to our families that KanCare is not the answer to support their loved ones. #KanCarveDD 2 days ago
- Rep John Rubin has sent a letter to House Members requesting support of a proviso to carve out DD services for... fb.me/1ZTQM8PD8 2 days ago